Application with Out of State Title

Many states do not require boats to be titled. Proof of ownership on a used boat from a non-title state is the vessel registration. A notarized bill of sale is required with the registration to transfer ownership. If a title is available, it and DHSMV form 82040 (Application Form) must be completed and notarized for transfer processing.