This webpage contains links to third party websites. If you click the links you will leave the official website of the Santa Rosa County Tax Collector. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. The Santa Rosa Tax Collector is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites or the accessibility of the content. The provision of links to these external sites does not necessarily constitute an endorsement.
Before a Santa Rosa County Business Tax Receipt can be obtained, a business must meet all conditions required by city, county, state or federal agency regulations which apply to that business or occupation. Many businesses will be subject to zoning codes.
In Santa Rosa County, a business located within a city limit requires both a municipal license and a county license to operate. If the nature of a business takes employees inside a city limit to conduct business even though the business establishment is in the county, it may be necessary to obtain a city license also.
The following checklist provides basic information on requirements that may be needed to start a business in Santa Rosa County. No attempt has been made to provide a complete list of regulatory requirements.
1. If you are starting a business operated out of your home, check with the County Zoning department. You may not be allowed to have a business in an area that is zoned residential.
6051 Old Bagdad Hwy Suite 201
Milton, FL 32583
3. City License: If you are anticipating doing business within the city limits of Jay, Milton, or Gulf Breeze, check with each city hall to see if they may require you to have a city license in addition to a Santa Rosa County business tax receipt.
7. Santa Rosa County Building Inspector: For information on construction permits, competency testing, contractors, etc.
Santa Rosa Website
6051 Old Bagdad Hwy, Room 202
Milton, FL 32583 Phone: 850-981-7000
8. Fictitious Name: If you are using any name for your business other than your legal name, you are required to file a fictitious name with the state. The application and the renewal forms are available on our online forms page.
Fictitious Name Registration Website
PO Box 1300 Tallahassee, FL 32302-1300
9. Certain businesses require inspection before a business tax receipt can be issued in Santa Rosa County.
The following businesses are inspected by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Hotels and Restaurants, Panama City Beach District #6. Phone: 850-487-1395.
- Food Concessions
- Mobile Food Units
- Grocery Stores
- Food Processing Plants
- Bottling Plants
- Ice Plants
- Seafood Vendors
- Juice/Sno-Cone Concessions
Below are the telephone numbers of several agencies that you may need to contact for information:
Department of Tobacco, Alcohol and Firearms: 850-494-5970.
Construction Industry Licensing Board: 850-487-1395
Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services (HRS): 850-488-6811
Santa Rosa County Environmental Health Unit: 850-983-5275
Better Business Bureau (Pensacola): 850-429-0002